FORTA is seeking a qualified Northeast Regional Sales Manager who shares our belief in quality customer service to join our team. The role of the Regional Sales Manager is to recruit, hire, train, develop and lead a team of Independent Sales Representatives in the assigned Northeast Region
The ideal candidate will have: a minimum of 5 years sales management experience in the construction concrete industry, excellent communication skills, and a desire to exceed expectations. A technical background related to concrete construction is preferred.
This is an exceptional opportunity to work with a growing and innovative company. You will benefit from an excellent compensation and benefits package, industry-leading commission program, and growth opportunity. We have an outstanding training program to introduce you to our products and services. You will receive continuous training and support from inside sales, marketing, and technical services. We are known for our people, products, and performance.
Develop new business in a pre-determined region by identifying and qualifying potential accounts and/or project opportunities. Potential accounts include precast concrete producers, ready mix concrete producers, and concrete contractors. Project opportunities may include sales calls to engineers, architects, large commercial developers, and government officials. Additionally, the Regional Sales Manager will be responsible to help recruit, hire, train, and manage a team of independent representatives to develop new business in the assigned region.
- Identify potential accounts by developing leads, and analyzing and qualifying project opportunities.
- Initiates call process by building relationships, and scheduling appointments.
- Develops sales by investigating needs of potential accounts and/or projects.
- Conducts product demonstrations, group lunch and learn seminars, and one on one sales presentations.
- Closes sales by overcoming objections, requesting new account application, forwarding orders, and following up on orders placed.
- Consistently enter all account and project related communication and activity into Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software program.
- Maintain an accurate list of open sales opportunities in CRM software program.
- Improve products and services by relaying customer reactions, monitors competitive products, and by recommending new features and/or adjustments to product development and engineering services.
- Attend trade shows to help identify and qualify new leads.
- Service existing accounts and project opportunities by visiting account or job site to offer consultation related to products.
- Partners with internal sales support team to identify potential accounts and/or project opportunities.
- Follow up on project leads as generated from home office.
- Participates in preconstruction meetings for project opportunities.
- Attends all sample trials for potential new accounts and/or project opportunities.
- Additional sales related duties as requested by supervisor, management, or owners.
Personal Development (30%)
- Maintain a consistent, fair, professional and enthusiastic management style.
- Ensure all independent rep positions are filled in a timely manner with qualified candidates who match our hiring profile.
- Lead and present dynamic and effective regional meetings, seminars and training sessions.
- Establish and maintain sales goals and expectations with all manufacturers’ reps in the region.
- Hold independent reps accountable for compliance with all company standards, and for achievement of sales expectations.
- Administer disciplinary action when appropriate and approved.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Attends periodic training sessions and/or conference calls sponsored by national sales manager.
- Assists and/or consults with other sales team representatives with unique knowledge of application, account and/or project opportunity.
- Demonstrates ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees and shareholders.
Expense Control (5%):
- Completes expense reports in a timely fashion per established format.
- Adheres to company travel and expense guidelines.
- Controls all expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Obtains approval from supervisor for all unique expense requests, such as but not limited to trade shows, association memberships, and account entertainment.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years management experience.
- Minimum 5 years of construction and/or concrete applications knowledge.
- 75% travel required.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Effective presentation skills to individuals, small groups and large audiences.
- Well organized.
Note: The necessity to perform each duty and task may vary among different territories or due to specific circumstances. In performing all of the above job accountabilities, setting an example of professional conduct and communicating a product message consistent with FORTA’s teachings and beliefs is critical. The percentages denoted for each major accountability are approximate guidelines only for the amount of time likely to be devoted to each in a particular week.
Please send résumés or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
If interested in learning more, please contact us today!