How can FORTA work for Contractors?
Time and time again, FORTA makes concrete perform. and perform. and perform. and perform.
Macro Synthetic Fiber is Easy to Use
Are you tired of this…
FORTA-FERRO® is Easy to Use!
- Easy to Place
- Excellent Surface Finish
- Improves Safety
Save Time & Money - Improve Safety
Steel fibers typically require special conveyors or extra man-hours to add to a concrete mix. Steel mats or rebar are very labor intensive to place on chairs and supports and to tie properly. FORTA-FERRO macro synthetic fiber can be placed with a laser-guided screed and can eliminate the need for a concrete pump in these situations. FORTA-FERRO benefits projects by reducing labor hours and placement time, providing significant job savings.
In most situations, FORTA-FERRO can safely and reliably replace all non-structural steel in slab-on-grade concrete. The use of traditional wire mesh or steel rebar in slab-on-ground applications can come with a list of safety issues. Wire mesh can be difficult to lay down and raise a tripping hazard among concrete workers on job sites. Without using these traditional methods, FORTA-FERRO allows for significant safety improvements while also a decreasing labor and total project costs.
- Technical Support from Our Staff of Fiber Experts & Engineers
- Reinforcement Design Assistance and Reports
- Marketing Materials Provided
- Recognition & Listing on FORTA’s Website as a “Preferred Contractor”
- Reference and Recommendation by FORTA to project owners and designers
- Complete Training Program
Project of the Month!
Did your project contain our fiber? Enter your project information to get it added to the website. Every month, we will choose a project to be featured!
Which Fiber Should I Use?
- Reduce plastic shrinkage cracking
- Used in conjunction with steel
- Fine monofilament fiber
- Polypropylene or nylon
- 1.0 lb./cubic yard
- 1/2″ and 3/4″ lengths
- Reduce plastic shrinkage cracking and temperature-related cracking
- Some light steel replacement
- Fibrillated-net fiber
- 1.5 to 3.0 lbs./cubic yard
- 3/4″ and 1-1/2″ lengths
MACRO SYNTHETIC FIBERS
- Reduce plastic and hardened concrete shrinkage & temperature-related cracking
- Add toughness and increase post-crack behavior
- Higher level of steel replacement
- Heavy-duty macrofilament and fibrillated blend
- Polypropylene/co-polymer blend
- 1-1/2″ and 2-1/4″ lengths