Reports to: Engineering Service Manager
Job Purpose: FORTA is actively seeking an engineer experienced in concrete pavement and overlays to help lead and grow our fiber reinforcement concrete pavement practices in the U.S. Ideal candidate should be able to work independently as well as within a team setting.
- Review design plans and prepare calculations, recommendations and reports.
- Represent FORTA at technical meetings with agency staff, clients and contractors.
- Prepare technical reports/proposals and conduct business development activities.
- Attend and participate in national and state level associations, trade-shows, pre-con meetings and projects.
- Work closely with DOT, municipal and county agencies and contractors promoting product.
- Conduct group lunch and learn seminars.
- Prepare and maintain monthly project status reports.
- Partner with management and sales team to identify potential project opportunities.
- Additional engineering duties as requested by supervisor, management or owners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil engineering or relevant related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the concrete pavement construction industry.
- Familiar with ACPA, PCA, FHWA design methodology.
- Proficient reviewing construction documents.
- Ability to assume responsibility and interface well with project team.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications.
- Effective presentation skills to individuals, small and large group audiences.
- Demonstrate organizational skills.
- Familiar with the use of Salesforce CRM software.
- Estimated 50% travel.
FORTA continues to be the leading manufacturer of synthetic fiber reinforcement for concrete since 1978. FORTA offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, training program, and growth opportunity, as well as an excellent working environment.
Please send résumés or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
If interested in learning more, please contact us today