FORTA is seeking a qualified Engineer I to assist in executing engineering activities and perform entry-level professional engineering work on the design and construction of fiber reinforced concrete projects.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a four-year college degree in civil engineering, construction technology or a closely related field and four years experience performing sub-professional and technical municipal engineering field and office work.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ability to read and understand construction documents.
- Pre-sales technical assistance and product education for the sales team and general public.
- Liaising with members of the sales team, the general public and other technical experts.
- Assists in the preparation of design/conversion/recommendation proposal requests to and from independent sales representative and their clients.
- Maintains database of project data within Salesforce software, and FileMakerPro.
- Conducting searches associated with project plans, specifications within web based Construction Connect / Insight.
- Assists internal and external customers in understanding fiber reinforced concrete via ASTM and ACI standards.
- Process /develop an understanding on project management and standard construction process.
- The ability to build relationships with internal and external clients.
- Provide written responses and updates using correct grammar, punctuation and spelling; develop and compose reports and correspondence independently; communicate effectively.
- May conduct project surveys post-construction.
- Performs other administrative duties as assigned by the Engineering Services Manager.
- Up to 25% travel.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understand the theory, principles and practices of civil engineering as applied to construction methods, materials and techniques used in the inspection and construction projects.
- Must be able to express ideas clearly and concisely, and establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees.
- Must be able make good professional judgments; prepare clear and concise proposals; establish and maintain effective and cooperative public relations; and interpret engineering plans and specifications for Sales Team.
- Working knowledge of the Architectural and structural design method and construction activities in a plus.
- Ability to learn, interpret and apply design codes, test methods, and apply strength of materials to a given project.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Take responsibility and use good judgment in recognizing scope and authority.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Skill in operating a variety of office equipment: copier/scanners and MAC computers.
- Strong knowledge of MS office suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), FileMaker Pro and Adobe.
FORTA® is a family owned growing company that offers excellent compensation, full benefits package, training program, growth opportunity, as well as an excellent working environment.
Since FORTA‘s beginning in 1978, its fibers have played an important role in the design and construction of many different types of projects, from airports and tennis courts to swimming pools and public schools. Today, FORTA continues to be the most respected name in the synthetic fiber industry, including research and development. From a single grade of fiber, FORTA® has expanded its product line to include an entire family of fibers tailored to specific applications and demands of the international concrete community. Coupled with a dedicated and knowledgeable management, staff, and workforce, FORTAwill continue to lead the way in building a better concrete future.
If interested in learning more about this position, please e-mail cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include Engineer I – Technical Support in the subject line.
If you have an interest in production, sales, engineering, or overseas distribution, please do not hesitate to contact us.